Master of Science in Sports Science and Coaching
- 18 MonthsCourse Duration
- PostgraduateSkill level
The aim of the programme is to develop a thorough understanding of the general principles and advanced studies in the field of Sports Science and Sports Coaching. The MSc in Sports Science and Coaching is designed to provide graduates with a wide range of theoretical knowledge and necessary skills to improve the physical health of the nation, to introduce teaching of lifelong fitness strategy, to enhance the performance and physical fitness in sportsmen and sportswomen.
The programme will also equip students with practical skills in advanced methods of sports training and coaching and relevant research methods in sport and exercise science. The programme will enable students to become competent in independent work of enhancing sporting endeavour at individual, team or group level and to community, regional, national or international standard.
The programme will generate a constant stream of quality graduates who will contribute to the future development of sport, health related exercise and to expand the institution's infrastructure. The students will be able to proceed to higher research degree study. The MSc in Sports Science and Coaching programme is aimed at:
- Any graduates with relevant sports experience who wish to obtain a science qualification in sport, exercise and practical coaching.
- Graduate students who have obtained a first degree in sports science, physical education or sports studies.
- Teachers of physical education and recreation who need scientific training for application in sport.
- Coaches in athletic and sports disciplines
- Corporate fitness specialists
- Professional and amateur sportsmen and sportswomen
Future after Graduation:
The career opportunities in the Sport, Recreation and Health Sciences Industry include, but are not limited to:
- University Researcher
- Exercise Physiologist
- University Academics
- Sport Scientist
- Sports Coach
- Sport Analyst
- Sport Journalist
- Sports Psychologist
- Human Performance Analyser
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Personal Trainers
- Sports Development Officers
- Sports Nutritionist
- Sports Teacher
- Sports Managers